Re: [Spits] Vinyl door capping

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Vinyl door capping
From: mark.jones@exxonmobil.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 07:53:44 -0400
I think I'll give the vinyl a try, although I did learn of fiberglass
covers, which look like they would work well also.

Mark

                      Doug Braun

                      <doug@dougbraun.com>           To:      Daniel parrott
<parrotthead01@comcast.net>, mark.jones@exxonmobil.com,
                                                       spitfires@autox.team.net

                                                     cc:

                      06/17/2008 06:18 PM            Subject: Re: [Spits] Vinyl
door capping

I bought some repros about 5 years ago to replace my cracked originals.
They fit OK, but they were about
1/2 as thick as the originals, and I think they will soon start cracking
again.

If I had to do it over, I would use some reasonably stretchy vinyl fabric,
and attach it with spray
adhesive.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit