RE: 1972 Spit for sale update...possible scam

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1972 Spit for sale update...possible scam
From: "Creig Houghtaling" <oldtoys@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:37:58 -0500
Clip
He then
asks that I cash the MO at any bank, keep my share and send the rest via
Western Union to an "International transporter" who will come and
immediately
pick up the car for overseas shipment. He emphasizes that he's trusting me
with his money and that I'll send it on. THIS IS A SCAM!!!!!
Clip
I have heard of this.  A friend had a TR6 for sale and got a similar offer.
I'm just curious how the scammer can get away with the money?  When the
"International Transporter" picked up the Western Union MO, wouldn't they be
in trouble?  Shouldn't DTG report this to some authority?