GT6 MKI Bonnet Prop rod

To: triumph-gt6-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: GT6 MKI Bonnet Prop rod
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 08:39:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

I'm tryin' to undo some of the POs work.  I'm a little
confused on the bonnet prop rod.  I have a rod & I
think I see where it installs(driver side wheel well).
 There's a little metal spacer with a bolt broken off
in it.  Pretty sure it installs there.  My confusion
comes in as this spacer seems to be welded to the
wheel well.  I have a MKII bonnet in the garage(any
one want it...cheap?) with a prop rod, but the spacer
is NOT welded...it moves when the prop rod is moved.
Were things changed from year to year?  Should the
spacer be tacked onto the wheel well?

Thanks in advance,

Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, OH