Re: Leaky heater

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Leaky heater
From: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@dccnet.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:46:52 -0700
There's a little radiator, the heater matrix, inside that metal box. The
hoses that feed through the bulkhead at a 45 degree angle are attached to
metal pipes that come from the matrix.
If those hose connections were leaking, I think you'd be able to see the
leak from the engine compartment.

The heads of bolts that attach the heater box to the bulkhead are in the
engine compartment, around and behind the windshield washer spray reservoir.
IMO, it's a little unlikely that the leak is just a bad hose connection, but
you might be lucky, worth a look anyway.
If the heater matrix has failed, you may be able to buy new. I've also seen
used ones come up on e-bay.
For that matter, I have two laying around, and would be prepared to do a
deal
Nick Moseley
Vancouver B.C. (Canada)

===     http://www.vtr.org