Spitfire Ignition Coil

To: Spitfires <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire Ignition Coil
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:15:41 -0500
Hi everyone,

I have an Ignitor system on my 80 Spitfire. At the moment I am not getting any
spark.  I haven't had a chance to do any trouble shooting, though I have
printed off a couple of pages from the Ignitor web site.

Here's what I am wondering about - the wiring on my coil has been changed to
bypass the resistor wire so the coil gets 12 volts.  Is a 3 ohm coil what I
need?

Thanks,
Roger Elliott
1980 Spitfire