Re: Prep work advice...

To: Victor Michael <vmichael@vmedge.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Prep work advice...
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:29:14 -0700 (PDT)
> So, parts? How the heck do you keep track of
> what/where/how?
> Tape tabs? Digital images? Labeled boxes?

I'm doing a frame-up restoration on a '31 Ford, so
I can give you some advice in this area:

Get a big box of Ziploc bags and a jumbo Sharpie
to manage all the small parts.  Get a couple of
medium-
size plastic storage boxes to hold all the Ziploc
bags.
And set aside lots of space to store all the things
you
have to remove.  Give yourself enough room to store
everything without having to pile it up or be tripping
over it.  My house has a big, empty attic, which
is now about 40% full of Ford parts, everything
that I can physically carry up the attic steps.

If you want to make tape labels, use that special blue
masking tape, whose adhesive won't dissolve or fuse
permanently to that it is stuck to.

Take HUNDREDS of digital photos (and back them up!).
You can see all mine at:
 http://www.dougbraun.com/model_a_gallery/main.php

Once upon a time some PO did a rather sloppy repaint
on my Spit, and got red paint on the interior vinyl
trim.  Don't be like them.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org