Prep work advice...

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Prep work advice...
From: "Victor Michael" <vmichael@vmedge.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:44:24 -0500
Well, Paul...You've gone and done it!

So, what advice would you (and anyone out there!) give a first timer who
wants to prep their Spit-4 (cyl) for a paint job?

I guess I intend on basically stripping the tub (in and out) of all the
trim/accessories, etc., masking off anything I won't pull out (maybe the
dash/electrical,etc) and use paint stripper/sand paper/angle
grinder-sander/hand sanding, etc... to strip the paint down to bare metal.

I'm AFRAID!

So, parts? How the heck do you keep track of what/where/how?
Tape tabs? Digital images? Labeled boxes?

Gettin rid of the paint? Stripper / Sand Paper? Both? Which is best?

Any OTHER advice - I really want to just get this bad boy painted and on the
road this season!!!

Thanks a bunch!

Victor

===     http://www.vtr.org