Re: Update - fuel tank help on 71 Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Update - fuel tank help on 71 Spitfire
From: "ald1961@juno.com" <ald1961@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 04:04:24 GMT
All,
Just wanted to let you guys know that I got the fuel tank removed today and
cleaned out the tank and all the little pipes and hoses.  It was a real mess.
Then after getting the float needle unstuck, gas is flowing and the car is
running good. I also had to clean out the clutch master and slave cylinder,
bleed the brakes, install new plugs and battery.  The car pretty good today
for the first time in 9 years.  The engine and transmission seem to be fine.
Thanks for you guys that responded!!!
Hope you have a nice Easter.
Andy Dobbs
65 (Parts),66 (awaiting restoration) ,66 (daily driver) and 71 (hope to be
daily driver soon) Spitfires

-- todjones@adelphia.net wrote:
There is no check valve. Look for an add on electric pump or a filter.
Otherwise you have a clog. One of the TR6's I worked on had a mud daubers nest
in it that gave the same symptoms. It would filter a little gas through it
while it sat, but only enough to run a little while. We ended up pulling the
line off and cleaning it out. Nothing we did could clean it on the car.

Tod Jones
67 Spit-6
Harrisonburg VA

 It is almost like there is a check valve to keep me from

===     http://www.vtr.org