Re: LED running lights for TRs

To: v6spitfireguy@cox.net, 60TR3A@cox.net
Subject: Re: LED running lights for TRs
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 05:11:29 +0000
Barry,
  I believe that this "more direct light" problem is pretty common.  If you
happen to notice on a new ('04 and up i believe) BMW, some models you will
notice that each individual LED that they are using has it's own reflective
surround so as to intensify the little amount of light that does go off to
the sides of the LED, thus making the lights brighter and noticeable from
all directions.  Where as just puting a bunch of LED's next to each other
will yield the same results you found of only direct view makes these lights
any more noticable.  BWM and other compnaies doing this are also using clear
lenses over the entire light rather than a reflective lense such as the
Triumphs have.
(a link to something similar to what i am talking about -
http://fknorthamerica.com/news/led/bmw_3_e46/img03.jpg)
I believe there is a very marketable solution to be had here if someone
could fabricate a clear lense the same shape as the Triumph's.
  I hope this made some sort of sense.  It has been a long day.

Cheers,
  Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org