Re: Battery Capacity or type and Size

To: Paul-Ernest Levesque <pelevesque@globetrotter.net>,
Subject: Re: Battery Capacity or type and Size
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:39:43 -0800 (PST)
I bought my current battery 5 or 6 years ago at
Wal-Mart
for $39.99, and it has given me perfect service.

A Spit does not need an especially large amount of
power to
turn over its small engine, and I doubt most owners
need to
start their cars in sub-zero weather.

I think those who get one of those fancy $129 Optima
batteries
for a sub-$40K car are wasting their money.

If you currently have one that fits, just bring it in
and get another the same size, with the temrinals in
the right place.

BEWARE: Some battery listings have the wrong size for
a Spitfire!

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

--- Paul-Ernest Levesque <pelevesque@globetrotter.net>