Rod End Advice

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Rod End Advice
From: James Carruthers <spitlist@mintylamb.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:32:15 +0000
All,

Can anyone give me some advice on rod ends?

I want to use them for some adjustable trailing arms on my rotoflex rear
end - and am looking at the loading figures as to what will be best.

They're rated at anything from 5,000lb to 30,000lb - to me 2.3 tons
sounds like a lot of force - and 15 tons sounds wildly excessive - but I
like the idea of over engineering this anyway!

It also seems to me that going up a size from 7/16" to 1/2" (I'm
thinking 1/2 x 5/8) will be better economically - as they are cheaper
yet are able to take more force. Assuming I can just drill out the holes
in the brackets that will work well...

James

69 Rosso Red Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org