What's with all the smashed-up Triumphs?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: What's with all the smashed-up Triumphs?
From: Spitfire 1500 <s1500@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:46:34 -0500
With my dad's GT6, that's now 3 smashed-up Triumphs mentioned this season.

To all non-spitfire owners: Quit smashing up our cars. Our population is
limited.

I am definietly taking notes on the tranny removal threads here, for I
would like to someday get my clutch replaced. It has been behaving
itself for 85% of my driving this summer, but someday it's going to be
high time I replace it, and double and triple check the goings on down
there. While I've only done 250+ miles this summer on it, I'm having
more fun driving it and letting the work(mainly cosmetic) on it take the
back burner this summer.

And on a side note, I've gotten the miles per tank to at least 160
miles(on 7/8ths of a tank expended). This was done by a minor tweaking
of the fuel floats on the weber. Hey, it's better than 120/tank, at
today's gas prices!