Re: Water temp gauge - reads hot

To: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>
Subject: Re: Water temp gauge - reads hot
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:10:23 -0400
First of all, disconnect the wire at the sender, and see if the gauge reads
"cold".

Then go buy a $25 digital voltmeter that reads ohms, and measure the resistance
between
the sender terminal and the block.  Post to the list the results of your tests,
and somebody will quickly tell you if they are normal or not.

I think it is unlikely the gauge is broken.  Either the sender is bad, or the
wire from the
sender to the gauge is shorted to ground somewhere.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit