Weber filters

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber filters
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:59:42 -0500
I bought a couple of K&N filters for my 40DCOE carbs. APT recommended 45 DCOE
filters for 40's with ramstacks / air horns. The backing plate holes allow the
stack to be inserted but not seated. The collar will not go through the hole.
Bummer. I just bought a nice drill press. Is there a bit or hole saw or
anything I can use to take the holes from 1 3/4" to 1 7/8 " . I will probably
get them off center if I freehand with a grinder. All recommendations
appreciated. I will no longer comment on the value of freely offered opinions.
Although, since this is my last chance to critique former opinions I must say
that DCOE carbs will wear faster if run without air horns. I have one that is
loose. The throttle body has a nice wear ring. The aux vent has a rounded base
and a tight spring. I suspect it was ran without an airhorn and vibration did
it's evil work. Nuff said.

Larry