Re: more bushing discussion....

To: doug@dougbraun.com, nass@yahoogroups.com (NASS List)
Subject: Re: more bushing discussion....
From: george.r.parker@att.net
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:33:23 +0000
That's an excellent lesson, and one that - sort of - prompted my question.  In
the Ferrari world (sorry), it's said that a driven car will last much longer
than a parked car, I suspect the same is true ("It's twue, it's twue!" - heh
heh) of Triumphs.  And my car is in much the same situation as Doug's was.  It
has been driven only sporadically for the past 5 or 6 years.  It now is back
among the living, but still needs attention here and there.  I've largely
ignored the suspension ("if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"), save for
re-arching the leaf spring when I first bought the car in 1985, changing the
front shocks to Spax back in the early '90's, and replacing the RF lower A arm
(sometime in the late '80's) which broke a sway bar link bracket.  And at 26
years old, I'm somewhat concerned that it may be in need of some rebuilding.

Even though the engine needs more attention (new cam, I'm a thinkin'), I still
keep these other things in the back, and sometimes front, of my mind.

Thanks for all the inputs.
--
George P.
NASS #290