Re: more bushing discussion....

To: george.r.parker@att.net
Subject: Re: more bushing discussion....
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:13:47 -0500
A word of warning:  Not too long after I got my car, I decided to rebuild the
front suspension.
The 20-year-old original bushings were ratty looking, but not falling apart.

A year after that, the car effectively went into storage for five years.
Shortly after
getting it back, I looked and the front suspension and I saw that the almost-new
bushings were completely shot, in much worse shape than the original ones were
when
I replaced them.

The moral of the story is:  new parts are generally not as well-made as the
originals, and
crummy new parts often work worse than old, dirty, rusty, but well-made
original parts.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit