Starter doesn't always...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Starter doesn't always...
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:12:48 EDT
After a mere five years of jackstand fun, our Spitfire is finally, not only
running, but legal, having passed both Safety and Emissions. So I've been doing
a series of shakedown runs, further and further from home, to see if this car
is ready to send off to college with my son next year. All was going well,
eliminating heat leaks from the engine compartment and fixing guage problems,
until yesterday.

I drove to store, parked, and when I came back out, all I got from the
starter was a click. Connections were all tight. Replacing the battery with a
new
one made no difference. Finally, I got a couple of volunteers to push me for a
jump start. Drove home, turned it off, turned it on, started just fine.
Hmmm....??

I know this is not exactly unusual among old LBC's, but I wondered if anyone
else has seen this happen on their Spitfire, and if so, what was the cause?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Tom Burke
80 Spit