Re: noisy throwout bearing on GT6

To: "haynes386@netzero.com" <haynes386@netzero.com>
Subject: Re: noisy throwout bearing on GT6
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:01:29 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
I didn't clean anything off of it, but I checked to make sure it spun OK before
I installed it.  I am going to try a light spring to pull the bearing off of
the pressure plate but not heavy enough to compress the slave cylinder, at
least until the next time I have the gearbox out.  I will probably just toss it
and install a new one.  The throw out arm on a GT6 pivots on a ball so I don't
think that's it.
Dave