GT6 tire size

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 tire size
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:10:11 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
I think this subject has come up before but I wasn't paying attention.  The
stock wheels on my 1973 GT6 were in pretty bad shape so I am replacing them
with stock TR7 13" wheels.  Will a 175-70 tire fit without any interference?  I
have been using 165-70's on my 1967 GT6 with no problem but this car will have
the wider wheels and the front end has been dropped about 1 1/2" by removing a
coil from the springs.  Does anybody out there have a similar setup?
thanks,
Dave