driveshafts

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: driveshafts
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:18:03 -0600
I got my three rail tranny with J type OD today. It is the same length as a
single rail tranny. One inch shorter than a single rail with J type OD.

The driveshaft from my '77 Spit with the single rail and J type OD, has about
1 1/2 inch fore and aft play in the CV joint.

Was the driveshaft intended to work with both the OD and non OD trannies? Thus
the sliding spline.

I believe a driveshaft with 2 u-joints and no sliding spline is available for
this tranny. Should I get it or try my CV type driveshaft?

Larry