Re: 4 point harnesses

To: Spitlist@gte.net, j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk
Subject: Re: 4 point harnesses
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:03:37 EDT
Hello All,

We have a standard Spitfire rollbar that we are going to install soon and I
am curious about attaching a shoulder harness to the rollbar. Is there a
particular point and a preferred way to attach a (3-point?) harness to a
rollbar and, is the standard bolt-in type of rollbar attachment strong enough
to stay put in a rear-end collision?

BTW, I have been watching this list for a number of years and I think, of the
accidents of which we've heard, the rear-end collision is the most common way
that Spitfires depart this world (and are re-born into the parts world).

I hope you're feeling better, James, and that your whiplash improves quickly
so you can go find another Spitfire you'll enjoy as much as the first.

Tom Burke
80 Spit