Re: Factory manual

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Factory manual
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:56:25 -0400
I have a factory manual and a factory parts book, and I find the parts book
every bit as useful
as the manual.  The parts book shows every part of the car, and it is very
fandy for understanding
that goes where, and exactly which part number you need.  I use mine so much
that I got it wire-bound
with laminated covers.

For most work on the car, a good book like Hayne's is almost as useful as the
factory manual.

A good catalog like Rimmer's  is very handy, but the correct factory parts book
is
more accurate, since it is not trying to describe every Spit ever made.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit