Re: Crash Photos

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Crash Photos
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:48:12 -0700
Jeff McNeal wrote:

> I find it ironic (and somewhat amusing) how the U.S. required ever stricter
> safety standards for these cars during their manufacture, but does nothing to
> check the current structural and mechanical integrity of the car, the way
> England does with their MOT testing.  Here in the states, we just call it
> "natural selection".

Jeff,
I guess that all depends on what state you live in.  Some states have a
rather rigid safety inspection that is required annually.  The check
lights, exhaust system, brakes and many other things that would render
the car unsafe.  I would have thought CA was one of them but perhaps
they are only concerned with emissions.

Perhaps the theory is that if your care is unsafe, you deserve to get
killed; thus ridding the world not only of an unsafe car but a driver
who would allow it to get that way!  :)

Cheers,
Joe