Re: My First Spitfire... before the anesthetic wears off...

To: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: My First Spitfire... before the anesthetic wears off...
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 00:11:38 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>

> That's the story so far..... photos of the Spit tomorrow when my Dad
> goes and rescues the tools.... (and anything else that is loose...) if I
> can make the pilgrimage I will... just for one last time... but I have a
> bad feeling that tomorrow I'll be in bed....

James,
    Be thankful that you're alive and able to tell us about it. However much we
all think of our cars, they're not flesh and blood. I hope your recovery (and
insurance settlement!) is swift so you can get back out there and find another
Spitfire. At least you have all that experience to put towards buying the next
one,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--