Re: My First Spitfire... before the anesthetic wears off...

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: My First Spitfire... before the anesthetic wears off...
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:51:18 -0700
Oh James, I'm so sorry to hear what happened. All your work over that time
and it's gone in an instant.  A rear end collision is one of the least
protected spots on our cars.

The most important thing is you, of course.  You've been spared.  The
Spitfire, for all its fun and glory, is just a material posession.  You, on
the other had, are not replacable.

I wish you were in the States- I'd give you Giles.  I feel so bad for you.

But perhaps there are some good sides to this story too.  If the car was
insured and is written off, take the money and see if you can buy back the
car so you can break her down for the interior, top, engine, bonnet,
etc.  All those will be needed for your NEXT Spitfire which I see will be
coming soon.  You can't keep it out of your blood for long.

-Vegaman Dan