Re: Petronix Vs. MSD

To: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>,
Subject: Re: Petronix Vs. MSD
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 07:03:17 -0700
"The hardest thing to installation is mounting the thing. "

Well Craig, you may have answered your own question.  To each his own, but I
preferred the Pertronix for it's simple design and for the fact that it fits
under the distributor cap and doesn't require an external control box which I
personally find ugly.  It's waterproof, will not fail due to optical
components getting dirty and provides instantaneous improvement over points in
a convenient, stealth package.  It's also very inexpensive compared to
externally controlled units and I have no need for a rev limiter.  These are
my own personal reasons for digging Pertronix, but like I said, to each his
own.

Take care,

Jeff in San Diego

1968 Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Visit the Totally Triumph Network
"Friendly and focused discussion of all things Triumph!"
www.TotallyTriumph.net