Spit/TR7 catalogue (was: Progress!)

To: "'George P.'" <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit/TR7 catalogue (was: Progress!)
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:20:32 +0100
Bizarre that Moss should lump the Spit in with the TR7 in the same catalogue
- about the only things they have in common was that they were both built by
Triumph in the late '70s!

As far as common components go, the only ones I can think of are column
stalks on late 1500's (although the TR7s had a kink in their version) and
the wheels are the same stud pattern, although different designs.

But generally - different engines, different gearboxes, different
drivetrain, different suspension, one's a separate chassis the other is a
monocoque, totally different interior and dashboard, I cannot think of any
significant components that are common, let alone enough to justify sharing
a catalogue.  A Spitfire probably shares more components with a Lotus Elan
than a TR7!

Anyone who knows more about TR7s than I do (which wouldn't be too hard...)
feel free to correct me on this.

Richar

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the
sender
urgently and dispose of this email