Re: Tyres and speed - wow

To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Tyres and speed - wow
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 18:12:22 -0700
James Carruthers wrote:

> Wow - using this calculator - I have calculated that any of us could
> increase the top speed of our Spits to well over 140mph...
>
> Anyone know if you can get 335 tyres for a Spit?
>
> Seriously though - thanks Philip - my Spit really does feel faster than
> the speedo is telling me...
>
> James

James,
In theory, that would be true.  However, top speed depends a whole lot
on whether your engine will drive through the wind well enough to
achieve that speed.  I did a similar calculation with my Honda S2000
powered Spit and theoretically, I could go 212 mph!    Passengers,
wanted!!!  :)

Cheers,
Joe