Re: bleed screws

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: bleed screws
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:43:01 -0500
BTW, the EZ-Bleed bleed nipples (which have check valves in them) come with
their threads
coated with a red gummy substance that serves the same purpose.  Without that,
they
would work poorly, because air would get sucked into the system every time you
took your foot off the pedal during the bleeding process.

They sell the red glop separately, but I bet the teflon pipe dope is more cost
effective.
If you have any more of the Teflon stuff lying around, it would an interesting
experiment
to see if brake fluid attacks it after it has dried.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit