Re: Timing a modified '72 1300

To: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Subject: Re: Timing a modified '72 1300
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 07:37:01 -0700
I have a federal Spec '76. Supposed to be 2 ATDC but with twin HS4 and
header etc. I  run at the 10 BTDC except when trying to pass emissions.
Then I set it closer to 0.

You are supposed to set it as far as you can BTDC without pinging. I
know when mine drifted a bit further than 10 BTDC I got some pinging
under heavy loads.

Alan