more on radiator hose problem

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: more on radiator hose problem
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <terry@firespitter.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:01:58 -0800 (PST)
I took some list advice and simply begged a parts guy
to go in the back and find me a hose to work. He
brought back 3, 2 of which I purchased. He assured me
they were 1 3/4" diameter. When i got it home and
measured they were both 1 1/2" diameter. Not a
problem. Persistance will MAKE it fit. The other side
was 1-1/2" anyhow. I just didn't have to fit the
down-sizer on that side.

Using a solid copper bend would have made the bend too
close to the alternator. I needed a rubber bend to
immediately turn 90 degrees to the thermostat housing
from the radiator. But thanks for the idea, Joe.

I hope to have pics soon. But I'm still contemplating
how/where to install the stainless overflow tank and
fabricate the new radiator support rods.

Thanks for the advice, everybody.

Now that it's snowing, I'm really glad that I've
installed an Aluminum radiator. It's just what the car
needed in 30 deg temps.
-Terry