Re: spitfire brakes

To: npenney@mde.state.md.us, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spitfire brakes
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:09:13 -0800
You have heard correct on the X1/9 stuff.  There is some bit of modification
that need to be done though and it isn't really straight forward.

George.  The easiest brake upgrade is to GT6 components.  You'll need to
swap the entire front upright, which isn't bad because the bearings are
slightly larger and the bit in general is beefier.  The rears are easy as
well, you just need the backing plates and the drums.  You would also
benefit from switching to the GT6 master cylinder if switching the 4 brakes.

I'll be switching to a rear disc setup at the end of the year.  Probably
won't be using X1/9 stuff, but I'll let the group know how it goes.

Aaron Johnson
#38 F-Prod Spitfire MkIV - Oregon Region SCCA