Re: paint repairs very long

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: paint repairs very long
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:49:33 -0500
At 11:04 PM 3/18/03 -0500, Paul Tegler wrote:

>Well then Fred,,, you'll appreciate how much work it was
>for me to, after having painted Big Red (my latest MKIII
>GT6 project) to wet sand the entire car with 600, then 1000
>then 1500, then 2000......

Paul,

I can really empathise with you.  I'm doing the body work on my Bricklin
right now.  So far I'm at 250 hours of fixing cracks in the skin with
Dynaglass and bondo, sealing the acrylic skin with Evercoat's Feather Fill
Polyester primer, and sanding.  So far I've sanded the entire car 3 times!
It's taking about 25ish hours to sand the car.  I'm almost ready to start
priming it.  Then I get to sand it 1 or 2 more times before I shoot color.

John

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org