Overdrive questions

To: spit <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive questions
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 14:44:51 -0100
Hi listers,

I've got to think through a strategy to allow me to commute to work this
year. My engine went pop last year after 3 weeks of doing 90 miles a
day. Question is, should I try and drive my Spit for possibly 3 months
of the same journey this year. Thoughts of getting a banger and using
that come to mind, but then I thought that the same amount of money will
get my Spit fixed up with overdrive.

So, what do I need to convert my 1500 to overdrive? Gearbox with
overdrive unit, propshaft.... anything else....

Does the wiring just fit straight in? Or is it easily connected up?

What sort of RPM will I be doing at motorway speeds...?

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit (with no idea of what Im planning to put her
through)