Re: eBay scam or not?

To: <bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: eBay scam or not?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 07:53:03 -0800
Barry,

It IS a scam.  I saw a warning while listing an item for sale on eBay that
people who use their e-mail addresses as their I.D. are being targeted and you
should report the e-mail you've received to spoof@eBay.com  eBay NEVER asks
for private information via e-mail like this.  It's probably an attempt at
identity theft, so others can ue your good name to sell bogus items.

Jeff