copper head gaskets

To: "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: copper head gaskets
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:09:31 -0500
A new engine with just a little TLC should have a life span of over 100,000
miles with very little worries internally, now I cannot for the life of me see
anyone heating a $40.00 gasket to be reused in a $1,000 rebuild of a engine,
there is no  way of ever using a copper head gasket over again, please let's
give a little good sensible advice, waste $1,000 for $40.00, not really good
advice me thinks, and no I am not trying to start any flames with this reply,
just logic  "FT"