Re: Copper gaskets

To: npenney@mde.state.md.us, spitfires@autox.team.net, cfchrist@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Copper gaskets
From: JohnZissler@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 07:47:38 EST
Wth regards to copper in general I agree that it will alter its properties by
using the heating and quenching method.......BUT  and its a big but <g>
surely after use a gasket becomes compressed and although your method will
allow it to be malleable again it wont compensate for the
compression..........just my 2pee's worth

Happy Spitting...................John (in the United Kingdom)
Spit Mk II (1966) in bits..or as some would say (in restoration)
Spit Mk III donor car     ( I am nearly a collector)
Mk IV chassis with all running gear.......(I AM a collector)
Outgoing mail is Virus Free.