RE: Battery placement (very little if any LBC content)

To: "'bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net'"
Subject: RE: Battery placement (very little if any LBC content)
From: Rick Gregory <Rick@ncmg.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:44:25 -0700
I had a '51 Chevy pickup that had the battery mounted below the floor on the
passenger side. There was an air tight cover (rubber seal) that kept the
gases from venting into the cab, and air holes in the box itself below the
cab floor to keep air circulating through the box, at least to a limited
degree. I would think that as long as it is sealed from the inside of the
cab, (and adequate ground clearance if below the foot well) that you would
be okay. Otherwise I would consider it too risky.