Re: Quid question

To: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Quid question
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:26:18 -0700
So you got the PEE part. Yeah, we kept that sterling part a secret.

Pounds are Pounds Sterling - as opposed to other pounds i.e. weight or
other currencies which are called pounds.

It actually has that on the notes ( I checked the one and the two fivers
in my wallet - don't ask! But I am sure you will as it sounds
intriguing. I have them as momentos - ought to really put them somewhere
safer, but have carried these in the back of my wallet for years. One
pound notes stopped in England years ago. But in Scotland we kept them a
few more years, each bank eventually giving up on one pound notes and
with all the mergers etc. also reducing the number of banks with their
own notes. Basically each major Scottish bank had it's own set about 40
years ago. All similar. In that I mean the colours and sizes for the
denominations unlike the US "Henry Ford" ones - green or green and all
the same size.

Bit like US gallons as opposed to Imperial gallons. Imperial being the
British size as you know doubt have seen from the car fluids capacities.

Of course there are local terms as well for monies. I am sure I have
some (Scottish) ones that are in addition to the list from Mike if  I
can remember.

Alan