Re: Rear Springs

To: "Spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Springs
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 07:04:35 -0400
I'm using a complete 1500 driveline in my mk II Spitfire. I kept the
complete driveline together for many reasons. I used the bigger engine and
full syncro gearbox for more tourque. I used the diff because of the better
gear ratio, and the rear axles for the wider track. I also used the swing
spring for better handling along with the larger front roll bar. If you put
the swing spring on the Mk II diff remember to plug the middle 2 mounting
holes first or the oil can come out thruogh them. When you have the front
roll bar off check it for twist. it is quick and easy to do, just lay it on
a flat surface and check the height of the ends. My Mk II one was twisted so
bad one end was 3 inches higher than the other.

Tod Jones
67 Spit Mk II
Harrisonburg VA.