Re: Spax Ride/Height Shocks...

To: Andre Rousseau <andrer@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Spax Ride/Height Shocks...
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 08:24:43 -0700
Andre Rousseau wrote:

> Ok anyone out there running these?
>
> Its almost rebuild the chassis time and I'm looking to have some fun.
>
> I have a few questions. I know I can adjust the ride with a screw, but what
> about the height? Is that simple to do or do I need to lift the car so there
> is no weight on the wheels?

Unfortunately, the only way I have found to adjust ride height (lower is what I
assume you mean), is to either change the pickup points of the A-arms
or to install shorter springs.  I am using GT6 front springs with 2 coils
removed and it rides about right for autocross use.  The rear can be lowered
by either de-arching the rear spring or by placing a spacer between the spring
and its perch on top ot the differential.

The shock adjustment will have no affect on ride height.

SPAX makes an adjustable perch front shock, but unfortunately, the adjustments
are all to raise the height.  The lowest adjustment is the same as what
is used on the factory shock.

Joe