Perfect Mk1 or Mk2 bonnet found

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Perfect Mk1 or Mk2 bonnet found
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:53:50 -0700
Hey listers,

If anyone is looking for an outstanding Mk1 or Mk2 bonnet that's perfect,
straight and needs nothing except final prep and paint, I saw a great one
today, restored and in primer.  Contact Don at vehicles@surfbest.net if you're
interested.  This guy takes in classic automobiles to save them from the
scapper and either finds them new homes or parts them out.  I told him that he
should be able to get $400 for a Mk1 or Mk2 bonnet in that kind of condition.
No Financial Interest whatsoever.  The bonnet is in Santee, CA  (a San Diego
suburb) and the seller seems a bit leery about shipping such a large item.
Maybe someone with experience in this area can help him out.  It's a great
bonnet.  If I needed another one, it would be sitting in my garage right now.
I'm going to try and post a digital photo of it on the TTN later today, if
possible.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
'70 GT6+ "Accidental" restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net