Re: temperature sensor resistance

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: temperature sensor resistance
From: <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 06:56:38 -0700
Can someone measure this for me on a hot engine. Like when you get home simply
unplug the connector and measure the resistance to ground while the engine is
still at normal running temp. That plus when cold would be great. I just don't
want to order a new sensor when there's nothing wrong with the old one. Just
did that with the instument voltage stabilizer as both fuel and temp gauges
were reading low.

I did some tests and found that it needed to be around 60 ohms to get a 1/2
scale reading and 30 ohms for 3/4 scale.

Alan