Re: VIN Number

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VIN Number
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 20:27:43 +0100
>     Perhaps someone may be able to help.  I have found two numbers on my
62
> Spitfire.
>
>     The first is on an stamped plate and has Comm. No. F01004L as well as
> other factory information.   The second is on a plate just below it with
> only these numbers, although, much larger: 1097 FC.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

Lucky you, you have the 1004th production Spitfire made, the commission
number will actually be FC1004L.
FC - Spitfire4 aka MkI
1004 - production number
L - Left hand drive

The number beneath, as Andre says, is the body tub number, usually somewhere
in the region of the comm no but not always.

Hope you've registered it on the International Triumph Spitfire Database.
http://home1.gte.net/spitlist/index.html (Just doing the promotional bit for
you Joe!)

Suzie
Spitfire MkI, II & III Secretary, TSSC