Re: Marglass

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <KHOCO@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Marglass
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 02:11:15 -0400
Ken,
     I also have never heard of Bondo's Mar-glass.  However, I'm sold on
their UV Body Filler.  It cures by ultra-violet rays so no mixing with the
hardener is required.  To me, that's a real advantage because in previous
projects I've always had too much hardener (putty firms up before you're
finished applying it), or too little (wait hours - or days - for it to
cure) ----- or mixed too much (wasteful but not too problematic) or too
little (a pain).
     The UV Bondo seems similar to regular Bondo as far as spreading,
adhering, filling, curing, filing, sanding, finishing, etc.  Don't know
about its long-term characteristics, but some of mine has been on for over a
year now and has presented no problems.  (Of course, if the can is sitting
in the sunlight, you have to keep the top on.)
     It's listed on their website under FILLERS - PREMIUM  as UV Body Filler
Bondo #751/#752.

Cheers, Ree G. in Silver Spring, MD - '78 FM73070U O - '77 FM62988U