Recent discoveries!!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Recent discoveries!!
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 11:02:47 -0400 (EDT)
I made a couple of interesting finds in case there are people on the list
looking for any of this.

I found a Spitfire Mk IV and 1500 in a local junkyard.  I am interested in
some parts (like the transmission from one and chrome bumbers from the
other) but the yard would like to sell all of them.  Bodies and interiors
are probably betond repair, but lots of mechanical parts, wheels,
suspensions (wasn't someone looking for lower wishbones recently?), engines
(and wasn't someone looking for a 1500 block?).  There were two peoiple
who inquired ahead of me, butone didn't show and if the other doesn't then I
get first shot.  It would probably make him even happier if he could part them
out completely (he was willing to take $500 for both cars as is, but living in
the city I have no where to store them, but that means all the parts are likely
to go pretty cheap).

In another place just up the road from there I found:
   1. A TR7 on a used car lot, probably drivable (well, at least as drivable
      as a TR7 ever was.  :-)
   2. A TR6, rough, but possibly restorable.  Lots of parts anyway, including
      a hardtop.
   3. An Austin America.  Haven't seem on of these in years.  But I'm holding
      out for a real Mini.
   4. An E-type Jaguar. Rough, probably restorable, but with an automatic
      transmission.
   5. Last of all, an Austin Taxi, right hand drive.  Definitely restorable.

All in all, a pretty fun morning.  If there is anyone intersted in any of
this, get back to me and I am likely willing to see what kind of deals I
may be able to broker.

All this stuff is in NEPA by Wilkes-Barre.

All the best.

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |