Re: SU Vac attachment

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Vac attachment
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 10:43:14 -0400
But what vacuum advance does your car have?
If you have the stock distributor, you probably actually
have a vacuum RETARD, not and advance.  I do not
think there is a practical way to hook this to HS2s.
Besides the vacuum retard does not contribute to power
or fuel economy, only to reduced idle emissions.
The most practical thing is to leave it unconnected
and adjust the idle timing to -6 deg. or so.

If you have a different distributor with a real vacuum advance
mechanism, many HS2s have a port on the front side of the front carb.
There is a flat spot molded into the carb body at that location.
But drilling the hole would be tricky, since it has to enter
the carb body at a precise location quite close the the throttle valve.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit