Re: Spitfire value?

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire value?
From: Nolan <foxtrapper@softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 06:51:19 -0400
I once heard a description of auction buying where everyone thought the
item sold was overpriced, except for the bidder.  A reasonably accurate
assessment!  In this case, apparently two (or more) fanatic bidders went
at it, and bid the cars price up to what you (and I) consider to be
absurd.  So be it.  I watch this all the time at farm auctions.