Re: Replacement Distributor

To: Larry Elswick <sos@kymtnnet.org>
Subject: Re: Replacement Distributor
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:12:33 -0400
Hi Larry,

Pertronix may not make a kit for the 76 as it has/had an electronic distributor.
When I got my 76, it had been converted to an older disty that does not have the
electronics, just the plain old points. Pertronix does have a kit for the older
Spits. It works very well and is a big improvement, especially starting. I have
had mine for about 4 years.

So look for a Lucas 45D4 distributor, Part number RKC0638, or equivalent.
Perhaps other models will fit, such as Midgets.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario

http://www.vicwhit.com