Re: battery box replacement

To: "Fred Griffiths" <griffco@cadvision.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: battery box replacement
From: "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:54:11 -0600
I just installed one this weekend.  I left the braces in place. I used a die
grinder with a cutoff wheel to cut along the inside edge of the old one,
leaving the top flanges in the car (too may spot welds to drill out).  I cut
the side flanges off the new box and with a little trimming it fit right
into place between the braces.  I put four plug welds along the front and
back flanges and I mig welded the entire length of the sides.  A little
grinder action, and you cannot tell I did not remove the braces or cut out
the whole old box.  It took less than an hour.
MikeC

> >Has anyone any experience replacing a battery box on a Spit?
> >I see they are listed as available in Rimmer.  Are these metal?  Does one
NEED